The Seasonal Menu List:
Eggplant (Made eggplant parmesan last week..ohhh is that stuff good! Use the Narragansett fresh mozzarella and grated Atwell's Gold...mmmmmm)...or try it Grilled alongside Halibut drizzled with soy, JalapeÃ±o Olive Oil and Ginger; ok one more...Sicilian Penne with Swordfish and Eggplant...don't forget the fresh chopped tomatoes!
Peaches Oh how we missed you last year...this year we are letting the juice run down our chins! Look for gorgeous yellows, a showing of the whites with their champagne taste, and fun shaped Saturns! My favorite fresh salad this summer..cut up peaches and cucumbers with crumbled feta..add blueberries and drizzle with a great balsamic (I've done Fig and Honey Ginger..both divine)
Plums Those purple pop in your mouth Methly plums also make fabulous plum cake and plum brandy! Shiros have come and gone..I hope you got a few to taste..
Green Peppers! Chopped up and added to any garlic, onion saute base adds texture and extra delicious flavor. Slice em up and pull those curves through one of the Narragansett Spreads you will find in our fridge!
Local tomatoes are abundant! Certified Organic red and bright orange!
BEETS! Sweet and delicious! They are more versatile than you think! The link is to 30 different ways to have beets...tag us @HolmesFarmStand when you find more!
Hardneck Organic Garlic..This garlic is some of the best you will eat! Sticky and sweet with so much flavor!
The Organic Lettuce Collection...Romaine, Summer Concept (Summer crisp with open heads, romaine and greenleaf characteristics.), Magenta (Red summer crisp with good flavor and crispy green heart)
- Carmen Red Peppers*
- Green Peppers*
- Red and White New Potatoes*
- Russet Potatoes*
- Green Beans
- Asian and Indian Eggplant*
- Early Mac, Ginger Gold, & Paula Red Apples
- Butter and Shuga Corn
- Golden*, Chiogga* and Red Beets
- Green Curly Kale - make soup, smoothies or sauté
- Hardneck Garlic Heads*
- Patty Pan Squash - grill up a sun slice!
- Curly Leaf Green and Red Lettuce - beautiful and full of Vit A
- Radishes - French Breakfast and Red
- Swiss Chard - So colorful and sweet!
- Green and Red* Cabbage
- Local Tomatoes*- Red and Orange
- Heirloom Tomatoes*
- Cherry Tomatoes*
- Juliet Plum Tomatoes*
- Organic Popcorn - for movie nights!
- Summer Squash* and Zucchini*
- Red*, Yellow* and Sweet* Onions
- Local, Raw, Unpasturized Honey
- Organic Olive Oils and Vinegars in many flavors
- Garlic and Flavored Local Salts
- Pork Sweet Italian, Kielbasa, Chorizo, Breakfast, Bacon, Chops, Country Ribs, Roasts, and more! New: Smoked Kielbasa and Zesty Italian Sausage
- Chicken whole
- Local Beef - Ground, Patties, Marinated Steak Tips, Stew, Maple Breakfast Sausage
- Cornish Hens - local, 2-2.5lbs
- * indicates organically grown and certified organic available